Sunday, September 24, 2006

Dumbstruck

For almost a week now I've been fighting the nastiest sore throat I can remember, my raspy voice sometimes reduced to an inaudible whisper, with occasional explosions of coughing which feel like someone's pulling a small rake up the inside of my throat. Well, it seems to be hay fever. Makes sense, I guess. It is Spring after all, the roads here overflowing with flowering trees, and there've been some pretty strong winds these last days. It didn't occur to me because I haven't suffered hay fever in years. But then this is a whole new set of pollens!

Hope antihistamines give me voice back in time for tomorrow evening: I have an interview with some people whose housemate I'd like to be. Wish me luck -- the place is minutes from the University, and sharing a house with local folk is surely the best way to get to know Melbourne!