Monday, December 11, 2006

White Australia

One of my faithful readers has complained that there are too many pictures of nature on this blog, and not enough of people. (I should have known that it was asking for trouble to include my shadow the other day.) Well, my policy not to name names on the blog, let alone show faces, seems vindicated by the arrival this week, for the first time, of responses to the blog from people I do not know. Besides, Australia's all about nature.
I don't suppose this picture will appease him, but these are in fact the first Perthians I encountered on my walk into town, demonstrating just how seriously (white) Australians take sunscreen!

No quantity of sunscreen would help against the bush fires which go from bad to worse. The newspaper predicts they'll burn for months...!