Friday, October 26, 2007

Courageous collage?

The fires in California somewhat under control, and eight weeks of the semester over already (where has the time gone?), I'm off this weekend for retreat with folks from church. We're going to a place 60 miles east of the City on the north shore of Long Island - new territory for me, whose trips out of New York tend to be thousands rather than scores of miles away. The retreat seemed like a good thing to do when I signed up - a chance to get out of the City, get to know some people better, talk about things that matter, and on an interesting theme, "courage"... But now I learn that we're going to be doing collages. What have I got myself into?!

For something almost as good as a retreat, and no collage - one of my friends says "it captures something profound about life" - try this (found on the humor page, a new addition to the New York Times website). Use your mouse.