Saturday, August 30, 2008

Full up

My schedule for the coming semester - doesn't looks so bad, huh. Except for all that happens outside the boxes in one-on-one meetings with current first year and religious studies faculty and peer advisers, not to mention faculty I'm recruiting for next year, and various events for First Year and Religious Studies: don't imagine Fridays remain free. And class prep. (No, I'm not teaching Chemistry of Life: for the first time in my life I'm taking a chemistry class!) And reading daily reading responses (there are 35 students signed up for Theorizing Religion). If you've ever wondered why faculty at colleges look harried even though they "only teach a few hours a week," here's why.

Good thing I got myself a subscription to BAM's Next Wave Festival for eight Thursdays in the next few months: I'll be good and ready for diversion by Thursday night each week!