Friday, December 25, 2020

Adeste fidelis

How I miss these folks! What's become an important Christmas tradition for me is setting up this simple Mexican nativity group in different ways each year in a nook in our house in California - with various things creatively scavenged. Remember the 2010 lights, the 2012 bubble wrap, the 2016 shells, the 2018 shadows, last year's macadamia nuts? 2013's (above) incorporated Torrey Pine seeds and flowers from my mother' garden. There's been one every year though I didn't show all here, like 2011's with lemons from my father's tree! And the year when styrofoam blocks and impending war inspired 3 scenes predates this blog by a few years.
Christmas in California wasn't in the cards for us this year, alas, but sorting through these photos is almost as good as setting it up anew! Hope the spirit of Christmas finds a way into all our worlds in 2021 too.