Wednesday, August 29, 2007

A toast to Brooklyn!

I'm picking my stuff up from my storage locker in New Jersey next weekend, so that means a few days camping out chez moi. It's kinda fun! It felt like a real achievement to have my first home-cooked dinner there yesterday. Borrowed a set of plastic party cutlery from school. Stopped by the Salvos Op Shop on my way home from Manhattan yesterday, and found some nice dinner plates and pasta bowls, which will complement those coming home next week. And my friend C came over (for another joyous meeting finalizing details for our upcoming course on Religion & Theater) bearing pots and pans she'd bought for me on the way...

Savoring my Trader Joe's tortellini with a Brooklyn Lager in my Ghan stubbie holder as Manu Chao played in the background, everything seemed to have come together: California, Australia, Paris - and of course Brooklyn!