Saturday, August 25, 2007

Come on over!

So here it is, my new home! The inside's sadly empty, except for the luggage of P and A, who leave first thing tomorrow morning, and a few pieces of furniture they're kindly leaving me, so let me show you the outside: at right the street entrance (that's A, and the apartment is behind the tree to the left of the wooden door), and below the wonderful garden in the back, as seen out the kitchen window: an oasis of green!

I start moving in tomorrow! Having had a chance to get to know P and A, dear friends of my dear Melbourne friends K and D, it feels not just like starting a new chapter in my life as a New Yorker but also like continuing an Australian tradition - "Mark in NYC: II" but also "Melbourne, the Sequel"! If you're in the neighborhood, drop in and we'll drink a toast to the Carlton House Share Network, Brooklyn Chapter.