Saturday, March 01, 2008

Damn, missed my chance to post on leap day, 29 February! But I have a good excuse: I was busy planning the Religious Studies "Leap of Faith" party, which was a blast. Such a blast, in fact - with people sitting in various rooms, and some watching some Christian movies I was showing in another (my housemate's away), that I missed my planned "teaching moment." I had all ready a pile of copies of the place in Fear and Trembling where Kierkegaard likens the knight of faith to a ballet dancer - the original "leap of faith" yet nothing like what everyone thinks of nowadays. So I also missed my chance laconically to remark that Religious Studies at Lang's current existence is pretty well described by the juxtaposition Fear and Trembling / Repetition. We seem ever on the verge of extinction, yet here we are! Leap away.