Monday, July 15, 2013

MLB --> KUL --> KTM

The adventure begins! In 90 minutes I'm off to Kathmandu (connecting in Kuala Lumpur), arrival scheduled for 11:30am on July 16th. I'll be staying with friends for the night, then heading on twenty-four hours later for Pokhara, and the next day on to Jomsom and a four-day trek to Kagbeni, Kharkot, Muktinath and Marpha. I'll be back with my friends in Kathmandu on the 22nd. The next four nights I've booked a room (with A/C) at Kopan, a big Tibetan monastery near Boudha on the outskirts of Kathmandu. From July 29th to August 9th, it's off for the Kailash Kora. Internet access will be, it's probably safest to say, unpredictable - not working some of the times I'd expect, but doubtless also available at others where I'd not. Look forward to photo-laden bursts along the way!