Tuesday, October 05, 2021

Plein air

I phoned it in today - literally! I arrived at school bright and early (7:30!) only to find my "medical clearance" status prevented me from entering the buillding. I've had a few students each week report hitting the same roadblock because covid tests they'd submitted were misplaced or results delayed; today was my turn. But students were showing up in class! What to do? I found an outside table at the cafe around the corner (they allow no laptops inside), switched on the hotspot on my cellphone and used the signal to zoom into the class from my laptop. I gave students some projects to work on in twos and threes, including a google.doc I was able to monitor, and invited them to swing by and say hello once they were finished. Got to introduce them to a neighborhood coffee shop, too! This picture shows me, bemused, and in zoom's mirror image.