Thursday, October 14, 2021

Storytelling exchange

Today was the day the two iterations of "Religion and the Anthropocene" intersected - well, hopeful the first of several. My first years are submitting an "Anthropocene story" soon, and to inspire them I shared eight of the Anthropocene stories written by my students at Renmin this summer. They're terrific, on their own and as a groupo, but also of course come from a most unexpected source. I've told my students here that I'll send their responses to the authors of the Chinese stories, and their praise is starting to come in. I'll be sharing some of the American students' stories with the Chinese students, too. As one of the Renmin students wrote when I asked permission to share her story, 

It’s a good chance to conduct a cultural exchange between countries. I hope your students will love it! If some of them are willing to share their writing with me, I will be very happy.