Saturday, January 20, 2007

三日の東京滞在

And now I'm back in Japan for a few minutes - well, three days. But it is decidedly mad to do Melbourne-Tokyo-San Diego-Tokyo-Melbourne in just two weeks! (Wish I were going to have more than a week to recuperate and gird my loins for India, which starts February 1st!)

Tokyo's a lot colder than it was, er, last week; I was shivering as I walked from the subway station to my friend's house, and it took a soak in her Japanese-style bath to warm me up again. First wintry temps all season, I'm told. In this strangely mild northern hemisphere winter there doesn't seem to be snow in any of the usual places. (The only snow I heard about this last week was a dusting in the mountains above Malibu, which just reinforces the point!) The picture above is indeed one I took in Japan, but it was last January in Nagano. I still can't understand how that snow got into that tree, or stayed there...