Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Tempest in a teacup?

A day and a half after the denouement of our India game, I'm still not sure what I learned. Or rather, that as a student I'd be able to separate out what happened in our game from what actually happened, was eigentlich geschah - or even be much interested in it. At the moment my feelings are more like the guilty relief which I used to feel after long Chinese movies: thank goodness I'm not Chinese. Not a desirable teaching objective!

Instead, here's a mysterious picture of a mountainscape within a seascape, er, last night's sunset through an empty hummingbird feeder. I can't stop myself from thinking there actually is a lake somewhere, with foothills and mountains beyond, and a little steep-roofed cottage with a fruit tree next to it, which look just like this... (Not to worry, the feeder's been replenished.)