Saturday, May 03, 2008

It never rains ...

... but it pours! This weekend I'm veritably inundated with visitors!

My friend H, from Japan, is finishing up a 9-day stay tomorrow. (That's her at right, taking a picture on her phone of the dinner we made together tonight with ingredients from the Brooklyn Farmers Market.)

Meanwhile my old graduate school friend P, with whom I stayed in India last February, was in town today with his family. (That's them below, on the Staten Island Ferry, with son V honoring the distant Statue of Liberty in pose and color too.)

And now I've just heard that my first French teacher, N, is in town - just this weekend - from Lyons, so of course we're brunching tomorrow. I'm not complaining of course. With the dollar what it is, this is practically the only way for an American to see his friends from overseas these days...