Sunday, September 01, 2019

Blessing

I know these lovely gentlemen! John was the rector of St Peter's Eastern Hill, the historic Anglo-Catholic church which I attended while in Melbourne in the early days of this blog. Rob - a fellow Californian - became a close friend. I saw them last in 2013 when I stayed with them in their new home in Wangaratta, but FaceBook keeps us connected.

John and Rob are about to become the first gay couple to have their marriage blessed by the Anglican Church of Australia! I am so happy their love can be an inspiration more broadly, and a beacon of God's inclusive love to those, young and old, with questions about sexuality - and about the church. But Rob and John are likely to get more than friendly attention now they've "stepped up"; keep them in your prayers.