Thursday, July 02, 2020

LFC

I nearly forgot we had a faculty meeting today - perhaps because it's July 2nd! But it's July 2nd, 2020 and all bets are off, so our faculty council thought it would be useful to get together. It was useful; the decisions which will shape our lives next year won't be made for another few weeks but I learned that my colleagues are anxious about many of the same things I am, and I learned of quite a few other things to be concerned about too. Not everyone spoke (I was one of many who chose to leave our zoom cameras off) but those who did sorted into the burned-out and the just-about-to-be-burned-out. I guess I fall in the latter category. Not to make light of a maddeningly uncertain situation where new problems face unaddressed old ones,
every one of them existential..